Friday, February 15

time to get back into the swing of things!

It has been a while, but I am back... and this time I return with a considerable amount of recent dress purchases to share with you! I received a lovely little book from my housemate for my birthday that she purchased from Urban Outfitters based around 'the world's best fashion blogs.' Here is the link: Best Blogs Book. Having started to read it, I soon started to compare how rubbish mine was in comparison and this has inspired me to revisit the world of blogging!

Having comfortably passed first semester of second year and waved goodbye to my teenage years, I'm realising how time is flying by, and it is scaring me! I'm currently in the process of searching for placements within the fashion industry for next year and beginning the applying process. Ideally I would love to work within social media, journalism or merchandising.. but there isn't really a field that I wouldn't love the experience of working in. It's an exciting time, but also a nerve racking one, but fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted on that front!:)

Having felt that my blog perhaps lacked direction after looking over it - I have decided that I will primarily focus on showing and reviewing dresses and eveningwear as they are the garments that I'm most passionate and obsessive about! Over the Christmas period I felt that my dress collection needed a revamp, so I did what I do every few months - have an Ebay selling spree to make room and more importantly, money to refresh the dress rail! I buy a number of my dresses from Ebay dependent on current trends/celebrity endorsement etc, and in doing so I often make a fair profit when selling as they're popular items which people are willing to pay sometimes above RRP for! 

The dress I would like to show and review to you today is a simple but sexy dress I bought a few weeks ago for £28 from the ASOS Petite section.The dress is only available as a petite size, which is quite disappointing as the style would without a doubt flatter bigger frames also. I was initially quite worried that it would be too short, as at 5foot 9 I have had trouble in the past with dresses from ASOS being a bit on the short side. However, I was fortunate that it was a perfect length, and had the style of 'fit and flare' with a tight fitting upperbody and flared, skater skirt.The neckline gives a sort of halterneck impression but it is in fact a strapped back and the straps have two poppers which can be undone. I was slightly nervous that while I was out in a busy club somehow the poppers would unfasten and I'd end up revealing all but that wasn't an issue at all. 
  
Generally, I think the dress was a good purchase for the price, the only main concern I had with it was that the material (mainly viscose) had a slightly cheap feel to it, although this did not affect the look and can only be expected from the pricetag. It also had a tendency to crinkle quite easily so I found myself trying to sit in a certain way so as not to crinkle it too much before I went out! With the neckline and general simple silhouette of the dress I decided not to over accessorise, wearing only gold bangles from Miss Selfridge, Michael Kors watch and some dangly earrings which my hair is covering. I combined the classic red with black - wearing black velvet heels from Miss Selfridge and simple black clutch from River Island. All in all, a happy buy! The dress also comes in black and cream, and I've provided the link for you here.

Im off to London on tuesday for a general browse of the shops, to act like a tourist for a few days and most importantly to visit LONDON FASHION WEEK! Extremely excited and will take lots of photos and hopefully make a few nice purchases I can show to you all later. In the meantime, have a lovely week and I will post again soon!



1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back blogging, love the dress. looking forward to hearing all about fashion week!!

    ReplyDelete