Tuesday, November 27

The British Hairdressing Championships


Hi everyone,

Just over a week ago I took part in the National Hairdresser's Federation's, "Britain's Best" Hairdressing Championships, modelling for a local hair salon from my hometown, St Annes, "Steven Coles Hair Design." It was a great day, showcasing high fashion hairstyles for both men and women, and there was a large turn-out of competitors. I modelled in three categories: ladies day style, evening style and the bridal, and placed in every one! 1st in the day style with maximum points, 2nd in the evening and 3rd in the bridal. This meant that my hairdresser achieved the highest number of points over the competition and was titled "Britain's best senior ladies hairdresser 2012," so all in all a very productive and rewarding day!  

For the competition, Emma, my hairdresser had half an hour to complete each of the hairstyles, and pose me ready for the entrance of the 3 international judges to the competition floor. From here, she would leave me and I was required to pose like a statue either sitting or standing for up to half an hour while the judges came up close and personal, and would note down their scores not just for the hair but for the entire look. It was harder than I first imagined, and after a while my smile was aching, but the overall result was definitely worth the pain! I would definitely want to participate in another of these competitions soon, it was an interesting insight into the hairdressing industry, one that is closely connected to the fashion industry. Here are some snaps from the day, and if you want to take a closer look at the day here is the website link, Britain's Best.

The evening style                                                                            The day style
                                            




the awards presentation - Lee Stafford left of picture
                   
The bridal style + two beautiful photos my mum has illustrated for me - please take a look at her work; link at the right of my page. 
thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of you and Lee! not sure about his hat though. :) perhaps he was having a bad hair day.

    ReplyDelete