Thursday, February 28

A Little Jaunt to London

Well I my feet have just about recovered from my 5 day trip to London last week. Unbelievably, despite my love for fashion and being at the ripe old age of 20, this was my first ever visit to the capital, pretty poor on my part really! Hence, when I arrived, I was acting like the typical tourist and taking photos of pretty much everything! There is too many to bore you with on here! 

The shopping was amazing, and I spent hours browsing the likes of Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Selfridges and Liberty, although I was very well behaved and returned only with one top! The primary purpose of going to London was to visit the London Fashion Weekend event situated at Somerset House. The day was lots of fun, starting with looking round all the mini shops available and ending with a seat watching the trend catwalk show.

Excuse my horrendous photography but the lighting was so bright that it was hard to capture the clothing very well. There were four key looks showcased for S/S 2013, and I have come back with so much inspiration on how to update my wardrobe for the coming season. It's about time, I'm sick of jumpers and coats!
                                                            
                                                        


The first look was called Graphic Art and focused on sharp shapes and tailoring teamed with bold op-art inspired patterns such as stripes, spots and checks. Colours made a bold statement - from monochrome to red/white and yellow/white combinations. The look is all about precision, and although it isn't what i'd usually go for in the shops, it was a great look if you want to make a statement. 

The second look was Urban Lifestyle, which was aimed predominantly towards workwear, using traditional pieces such as the pencil skirt and combining it with modern styles such as the bomber jacket. The look is all about mixing what you ordinarily wouldn't to create a fresh and funky silhouette. Colours predominantly used in this look were beiges, whites, navys and splashes of bright reds and cobalt blues.

The third look was definitely my favourite and I've been seeing this look a lot around shops such as Zara at the moment. It's called Eastern Promise and looks to eastern world influences. Think oriental floral and dragon patterns, satin fabrics, kimonos and long gowns. It's a beautiful, feminine and exotic look that is perfect for summer, providing we get some sun that is!

The final look we were shown was called Doll's House which was distinctly feminine and pretty. However, if you're not into metallics then you're in trouble! The use of metallics brings the traditional idea of the 'doll' up to date and is a fun and most definitely eye-catching trend. 

Marc Jacobs 2013 Collection - Inspired Graphic Art Look
Emilio Pucci 2013 Collection - Inspired Eastern Promise Look

Burberry Prorsum's 2013 Collection - Inspired Doll's House Look

Anyway that's about it from me for me, I'll be returning next week for another dress review post:)










2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Im an Oriental dragon type of person I think, so looks like this summer I may find some nice Eastern promise clothes :) Glad you had such a great time XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is a great trend ! cant wait to wear it:) we will need a good shopping trip to get up to date. lots more photies to show you when im home, :)xxx

    ReplyDelete