Wednesday, July 3

I have returned!

After a long break from blogging, the recent summer weather has spurred me back into action as I have bought a number of clothing items and accessories for the season and feel it's about time I showcase them while the weather allows me! 

I usually avoid bright colour and loud prints like the plague, opting for more neutral colours and styles; however this season has brought with it a new me and I have been embracing the key trends and buying pieces in bright neon yellows, coral pinks and wacky prints!

My first outfit to show, however, is a one of the more reserved pieces I have bought recently. Having noticed that dungarees were cropping up in so many fashion magazines, I invested in my first pair of dungarees since I was probably about four, completely unsure as to whether I'd pull them off at the age of twenty. Surprisingly, I absolutely adore them and wear them so much, (pictures to follow!) and it's this new found dungaree love that caused me to purchase these daisy floral print dungarees/playsuit from Topshop for £34. 

Playsuit/Dungarees - TOPSHOP
White crop tee - NEWLOOK
Sunglasses - MARC BY MARC JACOBS
bag - TK MAXX
necklace - NEWLOOK
Brogues - PRIMARK

The print is so cute and ditsy, and looks great teamed with a plain tee and my favourite brown brogues. The only problem I really had with the dungarees was the straps. I got the size 6 and the fit was great all over bar the straps fall down far too easily! So either I have a really strange shaped body (which is likely) or the straps aren't quite suited to the dress size. 
I had the chance to go to a couple of lovely vintage fairs over the past couple of weekends and returned with a couple of slices of extremely good cake and more importantly some cute handmade earrings, a lovely bag and a pair of denim shorts which I shall no doubt be blogging about in the near future, along with the long list of other purchases I have made recently. My bank account hates the summer holidays... too much free time to spend browsing the shops! 

blog soon,




No comments:

Post a Comment