Sunday, November 4

Cobalt Love

Hi everyone, so a couple of weeks ago I had the horrible task of deciding which dress was going to get worn for a night out. Now anyone that knows me knows that I'm a dress HOARDER. I have my own rail for them as they won't fit in my wardrobe, and half of them have never made it off the rail! Over summer, I went crazy on Ebay looking for bargains, and I must have bought around 15 new dresses, some of them this season, some of them not. 

The dress I decided to wear was actually Topshop's last winter collection, but its cobalt blue colour makes it bang on trend for this season. Cobalt is one of my favourite colours to wear; its a very bold, but yet sophisticated colour, and is great if you want to get noticed! I loved the fit of the dress, it was stretchy bodycon with very subtle cut-outs at the waist and long sleeves are perfect for the winter months. I managed to snap it up on Ebay for £7.50, and due to the colour being in right now, I just saw today the same dress sell for £22.50! It's all about buying the right things at the right time! It's very easy to be thrifty nowadays with your wardrobe, and It's amazing what you can find on sites like Ebay, or in charity shops or vintage fairs. Give it a go! 
Dress - Topshop. Black Lace-Up Wedge Boots - Newlook
Spike Necklace - Newlook


I would like to thank my mum, Morag for the couple of beautiful illustrations she has made for me, which she has done again like a postcard. She has captured the cobalt theme perfectly and they definitely have an autumnal touch to them! I have to say the resemblance of her illustration of my face and my actual face is scarily uncanny! Please take a look at her blog which I have linked to the right of the page, she has just done an interesting post on Liberty prints.
Thanks for reading, love

No comments:

Post a Comment