Sunday, October 28

Always One Step Ahead: Spring 2013, Trend 2

Hi everyone, I have been a bit busy recently trying to get on top of Uni work so unfortunately neglected my blog a little :( So going to try to get it up and going again this week! It's crazy how time flies, I'm already half way through my first semester in second year, and Christmas is only  8 weeks away, now that IS SCARY! before you know it Spring will come around, and we can all come out of hibernation. As promised here is my second installment of my trends to look out for in Spring/Summer 2013.

Trend 2: Dare to Bare? 

This is definitely a trend that has got alarm bells ringing in my head telling me I need to get to the gym and tone up my stomach! Bare midriffs are set to be big in Spring/Summer 2013. Whether you want a more reserved look by wearing a crop top with a high waisted skirt/shorts, or you're brave enough to wear a bralette, the bare stomach look is one that was prevalent in the fashion weeks. 

Designers such as Alexander Wang and Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs and Richard Chai have shown how to work the bare midriff look in different ways. I found Richard Chai's collection particularly interesting as he created a unique sports luxe look with feminine prints, fresh colours and delicate fabrics contrasted with masculine tailoring. Take a look at his collection in the video below!

Here are a few of my favourite midriff looks that were seen on the catwalks. As you can see, there are so many ways you can work the trend, which one is your favourite? 




















thanks for reading, another installment soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment