Wednesday, October 10

Winter is on its way!

I don't know if it's just me or the fact that I live in Aberdeen, arguably one of the coldest regions in the UK, or the fact that I live in a student house where we only use the central heating on special occasions, but it appears to have got much colder over the past week.  

I realised this when I had to fetch the winter coat out the cupboard and give it a dust off, as it was FREEZING. Definitely feeling the winter blues at the moment as I'm in the middle of trying to update my wardrobe from summer to winter and with the weather turning cold so soon, having less time to do it!

Looking in the shops and online I've seen that the retailers are responding with lots of lovely knitwear, which has been making me equally depressed as I want the vast majority in my wardrobe now. Anyway, here is my pick of favourites to keep you both stylish and warm in the upcoming weeks... and months!

From Left to Right:




Left: Knitted Chunky Fairisle Jumper by Topshop - £45. I love the pale ice shades of this jumper and it's bang on the Nordic style trend. Team it with a pale blue denim shirt and black pleated skirt or skinnies.  View on Topshop.com -  Topshop Knitted Chunky Fairisle Jumper 

Right: Burgundy Crew Neck Jumper by Newlook - £19.99. Burgundy/oxblood is the colour of the season right now. This jumper is so adaptable and can be worn with anything from a leather skirt to skinnies to high waisted shorts.  View on Newlook.com -   Burgundy Crew Neck Jumper


Left: knitted dogtooth jumper by Topshop - £42. With the 60's reemerging this season, monochrome prints are back in trend. Clash this bold knit with a pair of tartan skinnies or black pencil skirt or tailored joggers for a more refined but edgy look. View on Topshop.com - Knitted Dogtooth Jumper 

Right: Boucle Cardigan by H&M - £29.99. Boucle has made a comeback for A/W 2012, providing a more tailored look to your everyday outfit. This cardigan would look great with a white shirt with studded collar detailing and a pair of cigarette trousers to create that chic workwear look. View on H&M.com - Boucle Cardigan


Left: Chunky Cable Twist Jumper by Miss Selfridge - £42. Cobalt blue is another big colour for A/W. Team this jumper with a black pleated skirt, or some printed paisley or baroque shorts for a more glamorous look. View on Miss Selfridge.com - Chunky Knit Cable Twist Jumper 

Right: Studded Neck Jumper by Oasis - £55. The military trend has been popular so far this season. This khaki knit would look great with a leather bodycon skirt and khaki parka for a military grunge look. View on ASOS.com - 
Studded Neck Jumper

After browsing more jumpers and cardigans than I would ever know what to do with, I'm without a doubt off to the shops soon to make some quality investments for the winter months... see you there!






No comments:

Post a Comment